The TCF Québec consists of 1 to 4 exams. The exams evaluate proficiency in standard French in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Scores on the TCF Québec correspond to levels on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) A1 – C2.
The format is as follows:
- 29 multiple choice questions for listening comprehension-25 minutes long
- 29 multiple choice questions for reading– 45 minutes long
- 3 tasks for speaking that are organized in a progressing order of difficulty – 12 minutes long
- 3 tasks for writing that are organized in a progressing order of difficulty – 60 minutes long
Fees will vary somewhat from country to country due to such factors as the cost of living and currency exchange rates; however, some prices from Canada can be used as examples. The registration fees for the TCF Québec in Canada should be in the following range:
|70$ CAD||120$ CAD||95$ CAD||95$ CAD
|53$ USD||90$ USD||70$ USD||70$ USD
Typically, payment must be made in full at the time of registration.
Scoring and levels
Scoring for the TCF Québec is based on the CEFR levels (A1 – C2) just as the regular TCF exam is. A1 is the beginner level and C2 is the advanced level. Your score will be an average of the section scores. Your test results are valid for two years.
The points that you achieve on the TCF can be matched to the following CEFR levels:
|CEFR Level||TCF Québec Points
|Lower Intermediate (A2)||200-299
|Upper Intermediate (B2)||400-499
|Superior (C2) ||600-699
For the purposes of immigration to Québec and the Québec Skilled Worker Program, your TCF Québec score will earn you the following:
Oral examinations: up to 14 points
|A1||0 points||A1||0 points
|A2||0 points||A2||0 points
|B1||0 points||B1||0 points
|B2||5 points||B2||5 points
|C1||6 points||C1||6 points
|C2||7 points||C2||7 points
Written examination: up to 2 additional points
- Reading: A1 to B1: 0 points, B2 to C2 1 point
- Writing: A1 to B1 0 points, B2 to C2 1 point
This grading scale is only intended for assessment of the main applicant’s immigration. A somewhat different scale is used for a spouse of the main applicant. 22 points can be earned for language in the Québec Skilled Worker Program. French language skills are preferable to English skills and are weighted more strongly than English language proficiency: 16 points for French/6 points for English. Please understand that the above relates to points for language skills and that the immigration assessment considers numerous other factors; always, check with the official Québec Immigration website for the most recent standards and points.
Training with GlobalExam
Getting ready for a language exam can be a challenge. There is so much to study and you might not know where it is best to begin. Your time is limited, so you don’t want to waste it. Standing on your own two feet is good, but there are times to seek help. Test preparation is one of them. GlobalExam is a test prep specialist, so we will be able to provide the assistance that you need to succeed. We have the materials, the platform and the staff to help you get the score that you need on the TCF Québec.
What does GlobalExam offer you?
Our premium plans provide the following:
- Vocabulary and grammar study sheets, updated and targeted to enable you to excel on the TCF.
- 20 sample exercises that are current and practice key exam topics
- 23 training hours with 1300 corrected questions so you can see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong
- 3 timed practice tests, designed to duplicate actual test conditions
- Study plan, organized according to your exam date and your needs
- Progress tracking metrics, showing you how you are doing and what you need to improve
- Personalized messages sent to you to help maintain motivation and focus
- Multi-device solution giving you access to our materials by smartphone, laptop, or tablet 24/7
Try out our free TCF materials first if you feel unsure about signing up for a premium plan. We offer three sample exercises, and vocabulary and grammar study materials. Once you try our website, we think that you will want to sign up for a premium plan.
Learn more about The TCF Tout Public.