Congratulations, is a way of showing someone your positive regards, appreciation, and kind words in order to make them feel accomplished in what they have done. Being able to congratulate someone at the right time, using the right words, in the right manner can be a stepping stone for some.
However, when you are trying to learn English this may be a somewhat difficult thing to do. But this is not something you cannot learn. Communicating the right words become so much of an easier task when you have a good grip and a good command over the language you are using.
When talking about congratulating teams one needs to understand that a whole collective group is what they are talking about, not just one individual but a team. The phrases or words you select to use must have the capacity to convey the message which you try to communicate.
The reasons can be various for congratulating a whole team, they might have won a match, gave outstanding performance, or simply because you value their efforts and you are honestly proud of what they have achieved. No matter what reason you have for congratulating a team, your choice of words is what delivers your thoughts, be sure that you choose the right words for the situation.
In order to be able to congratulate a team, for something, you also need to understand the complexity of their actions and may be use that to congratulate them suppose “I saw how hard of a competition you have, it is remarkable” what you did here is you figured out one thing they did on the field and congratulate them with it making it a compliment. This also shows that you are not happy for their performance but you put in time and concentration to see what was going on there.
How To Congratulate Teams In English?
Congratulating In A Formal Way
For being more formal you can simply use phrases like:
- Congratulation, on this huge success
- My heartfelt congratulations are to you and your team.
- My sincere and warmest congratulation for the great effort you all made.
- You and your team have worked so hard for this. Congratulations.
- I am so overjoyed with your accomplishments.
- I am so pleased to see your team doing wonders and accomplishing so much.
- It is an honor to be supporting a team like yours.
- My sincere congratulations to you and your team, for this hard-earned success and accomplishments.
- I am sure it seems like the many proud moments that you and your team are yet to live.
For being a bit casual with your words you can use the following phrases:
- Congratulations, your performance calls in for a celebration.
- Bravo! I am so proud of the whole team.
- You all did it! What an amazing job!
- Congratulations to my favorite team.
- What an amazing performance! Way to go!
- This is only the beginning of something great, there is so much more to accomplish, your team makes me proud.
- I can’t wait to celebrate the new record you and your team just made. There is so much more to come.
The Vocabulary Words You May Want To Use
There are so many words and phrases which can be used in such situation where you have to congratulate a team a few words are mentioned below:
- Keep it up
- Well done
- You make me proud
- Good show
- Way to go
- What a wonderful performance
- Great competition you gave
Learn With Us: Business English
It is a comprehensive course, a training program which helps you in building a great command over English language as a whole. Since this is an e-learning opportunity all you need to do is sit and learn, without having to go anywhere, no extra efforts required.
Business English helps you in many possible ways; one is to boost your learning and application of English on an everyday basis. They have five core beliefs which they work for in their programs: they choose to have clear conceited objectives, the courses they offer for learning English are adaptive in nature, mostly are based on real life scenarios to give you a better idea of what the application of the learning will be, they provide you coached and scripted content in order to improve your learning. They tend to work for developing your skills, your career (for example Human Resources), or the level of your knowledge.
The aim of Business English is to prepare you for the business world, it is to teach you how to effectively, and confidently communicate with others on a professional level. It is best for not only building your knowledge but also for building your confidence in the way you communicate. This is the course which will help you build not only your skills but a great future with a successful career ahead. Also learn how to write a cover letter in English or how to pass an interview in English.