Preparing for a big exam can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are techniques that will improve your chances of success if you adhere to them. Here, we have five tips to help you get a great score on DELF.
You can get the best DELF training with GlobalExam!
Tip #1: Anticipate the questions
One method for doing well on an exam is to anticipate the questions that will appear. Knowing what to expect reduces your stress and improves your confidence. A more confident, prepared test-taker is much more likely to do well. Here are some guidelines for anticipating exam questions:
- Check the official website for DELF. It will have detailed information regarding the topics for each level of DELF. These are the topics that you need to become familiar with.
- Look for old tests – you can find these online or in practice books (ask at your local library for DELF books). This will give you material to practice with and let you see what the exam format is and what the tasks actually look like.
- Estimate how much time it takes you to do different tasks when practicing. This will help you manage your time during the actual exam.
If you wish to know more about the DELF exam, please check out the category DELF Training Materials we have written for you!
Tip #2: Go to the next question if you don’t have the answer
Many students start with question number one and then methodically work through each question. If they encounter a troublesome question, they stick with it until they can figure it out. While determination is an admirable quality in life, on an exam, it is inefficient and a time waster that will lose you points. If you don’t know, move on to the next question and do it. Your goal isn’t to complete every question perfectly (a very unlikely outcome on a language test), but to maximize your points and do as well as you can. You may be good at certain skills and weaker in other areas. Keep this in mind when working on questions and work with your strengths.
Tip #3: Manage your time
For the listening and speaking sections, the time and your responses are guided; however, for reading and writing, you have a document to read or some topic to write about. You have more control over how you spend the time. Make sure you are aware of how much time is passing. Allocate your time according to the amount of points for the question—more points = more time. If questions or tasks are equal in points, then divide your time up evenly i.e. don’t spend 20 minutes on one question if here are four questions and only 40 minutes in which to do them.
Tip #4: Find help
Get outside help. Having someone to help you, will increase your chances of success. Very few people can maintain their motivation and focus on their own. Some things you can do are
- Find a study buddy and meet with them regularly in person or online.
- Let friends and family know what you are doing, so they can motivate and encourage you.
- Sign up for a test preparation class.
- Hire a tutor as a tutor can encourage you and clarify your problems.
Tip #5: Train with GlobalExam
Test preparation is our specialty at GlobalExam. We will assist you in attaining your goals. We can structure your study time and give you the feedback necessary for performance improvement. You won’t be alone and a daunting task will become manageable and enjoyable.
You may want to try out our website first before signing up for a Premium Plan. That’s fine. You can sample our materials for free and get to know our website, and its ease of navigation. The free materials are made up of
- Vocabulary and grammar study sheets
- Five sample exercises
When you are sure, then try one of our Premium Plans.
There are an attractive range of plans, which contain our premium content. Each plan will allow you access to the following materials and services:
- Vocabulary and grammar study sheets
- 40 sample exercises
- 60 training hours
- 11 practice tests
- A study plan based on your exam date
- Individual progress tracking with statistics
Premium Plan prices will differ according to the amount of time that you need to study for. You only pay for the needed time; flexibility is a central component of GlobalExam’s approach. Our prices and study periods are as follows:
- 1 week 29.90€
- 1 month 59.90€
- 6 months 99.90€
- 1 year 199.90€
Let us do the organizing and planning for you, so you can focus on learning and improving your French language skills. Our Premium Plans give structure and clarity to what can be a confusing array of vocabulary and grammar topics and exam tasks. You won’t be alone and you will have a clear path to follow to reach your objectives.
We also share with you the best books and best websites for effective DELF training. Want to know more: How to register for the DELF exam and the accredited test centers abroad like in the UK or in Canada for example?