Instrucciones para la prueba de Reading part 5 FCE
La quinta parte del Reading and Use of English del FCE de Cambridge consiste en un ejercicio de emparejamiento múltiple. Por cada pregunta hay cuatro opciones y tienes que escoger A, B, C o D.
El texto puede ser un extracto de una novela moderna o de un artículo de prensa. Las preguntas pueden centrarse en las ideas o detalles principales del texto, y en las actitudes u opiniones expresadas.
Ejercicio del Reading and Use of English part 5 del FCE
Con el siguiente ejemplo podrás entender mejor en qué consiste la quinta parte de esta sección.
For those who appreciate wine, it is an art unto itself. After all, great wine comes from all over the world. If, however, you want to remain true to your North American roots, it may be more difficult than you think. It’s a little-known fact that many of the wines sold by US wineries don’t use American-grown grapes exclusively. The exception is CK Mondavi and Family – the first and only wine brand that’s 100 percent “Made in the USA” Certified. This difficult-to-achieve third-party certification means it has undergone a rigorous audit and review process that enables the wine producer to say that every single part of the CK Mondavi and Family wine bottle is 100 percent authentically American-made-the grapes, the screw cap, the labels, and even the ink on the labels. Its commitment to being fully US-made, and to quality grape growing and winemaking practices, render it superior to others at the same price point. This official certification gives consumers the confidence to know that they’re purchasing from a fourth-generation American family that wholeheartedly supports US farmers and businesses.
To understand how CK Mondavi and Family came into its own is to go back almost seventy- five years, when Cesare Mondavi decided to turn surplus grapes from his Midwest grape-shipping business into wine. That ingenuity started an American wine dynasty. Cesare eventually moved his family to California and purchased his first vineyards. And for the past four generations, the Mondavi family has been making wine. Today, the winery is run by Marc Mondavi and his family. Marc’s father, Peter Mondavi, Sr., continued his father Cesare’s legacy, and worked at the winery every day, until his passing at the age of 101 last year. Marc and Janice work alongside several of their daughters, as well as other family members, to produce CK Mondavi and Family wines. Some of the family still lives on the original property Cesare and his wife Rosa Mondavi purchased almost 75 years ago.
“It’s not often that a fourth generation is interested in taking over the family business. We are extremely blessed that our family is interested in keeping our tradition alive for years to come,” says Marc. “For 74 years, our family has been committed to quality grape growing and winemaking practices that simply cannot be found in other wines at this price point. We attribute this to our strong winemaking tradition and family-owned vineyards. You will truly be surprised by the quality of our wines for the price,” he notes. Even as the family legacy and traditions continue, the winemaker moves forward with environmental consciousness. Its grapes are 100 percent sourced from California vineyards, utilizing sustainable farming techniques and winemaking practices that are more typical of expensive wines. Their relentless commitment to quality winemaking and hands-on small lot sourcing sets them apart from other value wines. The CK Mondavi and Family portfolio consists of the most popular varieties of wines. The grapes are grown on the family’s 1,850 acres of vineyards and also sourced from California family winegrowers that the Mondavis have had partnerships with for generations. The new CK Mondavi wines will be available across the US, starting this month.
How does CK Mondavi “toast tradition while embracing change”?
- They pass on their family winemaking secrets from generation to generation.
- They ensure that they are up-to-date with new winemaking processes and sustainable farming techniques.
- They celebrate tradition with a toast and embracing new winemaking processes
- They keep on with their winemaking traditions from 75 years ago while also taking up new sustainable farming methods and environmentally conscious practices.
What does “dynasty” mean?
- a group of people who love wine
- a line of people from the same family who play a prominent role in a particular field
- rulers of a particular country who are all from the same family
- entrepreneurs of wine
How did CK Mondavi and family get started in the winemaking field?
- Cesare Mondavi decided to use the excess grapes from his grape-shipping company and turned these into wine.
- They moved to California and this inspired their winemaking journey.
- They had great connections with California family winegrowers and joined forces with them.
- They decided to become the first and only wine brand that is 100 percent ‘Made in the USA.’
Si quieres los ejercicios completos de esta parte, puedes encontrarlos en nuestra plataforma.
Consulta nuestros artículos para practicar para las otras partes del Reading and Use of English:
Tips para la parte 5 del Reading FCE
- Lee siempre el texto antes de ver las preguntas. De nada sirve que pierdas el tiempo tratando de comprender las cuatro opciones antes de abordar el texto, en vista de que 3 son incorrectas.
- Comprueba que el significado de una opción se refleja en el texto, no que una palabra es la misma en ambos.
- Analiza cada pregunta, busca y subraya la parte del texto que responde a la pregunta. Es mejor que mires primero las preguntas y no las respuestas.
- Busca pruebas en el texto para justificar la respuesta elegida.
¿Estás preparado para hacer un examen FCE Reading and Use of English? ¿Un examen completo de Cambridge B2 First?
Prepárate para el FCE con GlobalExam
Con la plataforma en línea de GlobalExam podrás entrenar sin ningún problema la parte 5 del Reading and Use of English del FCE de Cambridge y todas las secciones del examen. Practicar con nosotros tiene numerosas ventajas:
- Puedes mejorar tu nivel de inglés y trabajar en la estructura del FCE.
- Tienes la posibilidad de crear tu propio horario de estudio (una vez por semana, todos los días…).
- Te permite familiarizarte con el formato de la prueba.
- En la parte de instrucciones encontrarás una explicación sobre lo que vas a encontrar en GlobalExam, cómo será el día del examen y consejos.
- Cada pregunta tiene su respuesta y explicación.
- Podrás evaluar tu progreso en cualquier momento. Solo tiene que dar clic al modo de examen.
¿Qué esperas para obtener un buen puntaje? ¡Prepárate para el FCE!